Supported financially by Balkan Trust for Democracy and implemented by PHILIA Association of Multiethnic Cities in collaboration with FPDL, Partners Foundation for Local Development
HOW TO APPLY
Deadline for application: July 16, 2007
Deadline for selection: July 30, 2007
Interested persons should apply on-line on FPDL website, www.fpdl.ro by completing the Application Form and submitting it.
16 participants will be selected to attend two 4-day Workshops conducted in English language by FPDL Trainers Ana Vasilache and Nicole Rata:
- 1st Workshop: September 17-21, 2007 focused on improving their knowledge and skills as facilitators, in managing conflicts and differences that appear so often during participatory problem solving/planning processes in multiethnic communities
- 2nd Workshop: November 12-16, 2007 focused on improving their knowledge and skills as facilitators in the design and conduct of participatory problem solving/planning process steps.
FPDL will provide for each participant the following training manuals and handbooks, in English language:
- Building Bridges series of manuals: Volume 1 focused on Managing Conflicts and Differences, Volume 2 focused on Participatory Planning
- The series of Handbooks:
- What is Conflict
- What is Ethnic Conflict
- What is Facilitation
- What is Negotiation
- What is Mediation
- What is Decision Making
- What is Participatory Planning
After the 1st Workshop, participants will prepare for the second one, by identifying, collecting and analyzing information on 2-3 issues/problems/public disputes they think should be solved through participatory processes within or among their multiethnic cities.
After the 2nd Workshop, 5 small grants of 1,000 USD each will be awarded for the best projects/participatory processes implementation.
Projects selection will use the following criteria:
- Problems are clearly identified and stated
- Project objectives are clearly stated and realistic
- Activities are related to the objectives achievement, are included in a realistic time-frame
- Some level of co-funding support from in-kind donations, volunteer services is demonstrated
WHO CAN APPLY
The Program is open to persons working with/for PHILIA Association member organizations, NGOs or Public institutions, from Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Croatia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania and Albania.
The applicants will be selected by FPDL, in cooperation with PHILIA Association General Secretariat based on the following criteria:
- Knowledge of local multiethnic communities situation
- Interest in learning facilitation skills for the design and conduct of participatory problem solving/planning processes in their multiethnic communities
- Committed to attend both Workshops
- Working in or for an organization that will enable them to apply the acquired skills
- Reputation for open-mindedness and ability to work with diverse stakeholders
- Gender and country balance
- English language skills.
For selected participants FPDL will cover the following costs, due to Balkan Trust for Democracy support:
CLICK HERE AND APPLY NOW!
- Accommodation and meals
- Tuition fees
- Training Materials
- Travel and visa in the limit of 100 USD/person/workshop